Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's Time For Homeade Jam

Tara has been so nice and willing to share her talents:)


"If anyone is interested in learning how to make homemade jam, canning and processing, it now is the time to stock up on strawberries. It is the peak season and you generally won’t find strawberries much cheaper than they are right now. I have had several women talk to me about helping them make jam. If you are interested in having me help you with a batch or two please email me and we can set something up. If you are interested in just learning the ropes we can do that to. Once the interest is assessed I will let any of those interested know what the dates/times, etc are. Just email me at taralyn@juno.com."

Thanks Tara!

****UPDATE*** I just found this video showing you how to make freezer jam:)

http://everydayfoodstorage.net/2009/05/17/strawberry-freezer-jam-food-storage-recipes/food-storage-recipes




Here is a picture of my second batch of freezer jam! (I used a different type of pectin which didn't call for corn syrup or lemon juice, but whatever pectin you get, they come with easy instructions on what you do and what it calls for!) We have eaten so much of it already we thought we would make some more!!

Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment