Sunday, June 7, 2009

Successful Bread Party

Karen Wilkinson did an awesome job teaching us her techniques on making bread and telling us the things that she does to get and maintain her food storage and also use it. A big thank you to her, for her time and talent!

Here is my loaf (it's a bit lopsided, but hey it was my first try!)

I am so happy for all those (there were about 20 people there) that were able to come to the bread party this last Friday. It was just fantastic and the several people I talked with that went and took part in this activity said they had a great time, learned so much about making bread and other loads of info on food storage, etc. and also have a much stronger testimony of how important food storage really is!! Yay!
The bread we made was delicious, and it really was the most moist bread EVER!

Here is Tayla eating her SECOND piece of "Mommy's yummy bread"! She helped me roll it out with the rolling pin and watched me bake it, so she was really proud of mommy's first bread made from scratch!
*****If anyone else is interested in having Karen come back for another bread party, or a food storage seminar, please contact me and I will be more than happy to arrange something!! I know that there were quite a few that would have liked to come, but couldn't*****

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to one if she comes again:) Good job on your bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    Thanks sooo much for getting this all together! I really enjoyed the bread party! I would love to have her come back and teach us some more about food storage/supply, what the best stuff is to have, etc, and I really want to learn how to can meat and wax cheese. Thanks again for everything!

    ReplyDelete